Mission & Vision
Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Holy Word, verbally and fully inspired and infallible in the original text and that it is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in God the Father, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom and measureless in power. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer and He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ, His Son.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the divine, eternal and only begotten Son of God. We believe that in His earthly life He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin and lived a sinless life. We believe in His vicarious and atoning death for the sins of the world. We believe in His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension to the right hand of the Father to make intercession for the saints and in His personal, visible return to the world in power and glory.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, in His personality and deity; that he was sent forth from the Father to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment. We believe that He is come to regenerate, indwell, sanctify, instruct and comfort the saints.
- We believe that all men are, by nature and by choice, sinners, destitute of all power to save themselves. We believe, therefore, that the only means of salvation of sinful men is the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit on the basis of the atoning work of Christ through personal faith in Christ.
- We believe in the resurrection of all men, those that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and those that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation.
- We believe the church is the living spiritual body of which Jesus Christ is the Head and of which all regenerated persons are members.
- We believe that the Lord laid upon the Church the task of persuading a lost and sinful world to accept Jesus Christ as Savior and to enthrone Him as Lord and Master in their lives.
- We believe that the visible church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, associated for worship, work and fellowship.
We believe the primary purpose of the Christian school is not to parent nor to preach, but to educate. It is the parents’ job to parent. It is the church’s job to preach. However, when home, church and schoolwork in harmony the child will have the optimal opportunity to grow to full stature physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually.
Truly Christian education begins from a world view that recognizes God as Creator and Sustainer of all things and that He has communicated with man through His Word – the infallible and inspired expression of His being and will – and through His Son, Jesus Christ, who is the sinless incarnate substitute for sinful man.
A Christian worldview necessarily impacts all areas of education – social, emotional, physical and spiritual. From the starting point of God’s absolute truth, all subject areas develop and explore their particular topic using the lens of Scripture. The social, emotional and physical development of students is taken within the context that each individual is a distinct creation and has unique gifts and talents, as well as the belief that God’s Word has given us guidelines and direction for living a fulfilling and productive life.
Spiritually, the Christian school serves a unique and very important role. As the home and the church work together to nurture and build the foundation of a student’s individual faith, the Christian school assists in this process, rather than works against it. The Christian secondary school also serves as an effective “sounding board” for older students to question, explore, test, and formulate their own beliefs in a positive, supportive atmosphere.